Page 2 of 3
Characteristics of Remarriage after Divorce
Median age for marital event in first and second marriages
- Men and women do not seem to differ much on when they marry, divorce and remarry after divorce.
Duration of marriages (years) for people 15 and older
- First marriages lasted about 8 years
- They tended to separate for about 1 year prior to divorce
- People remarry after about three and half years
- Their second marriages last about as long as their first marriages
- There is not a major difference between men and women
Number of Times Married for Currently Married Wives and Their Husbands: 2004
- No significant difference between men and women.